Boards and Governance Support
Boards of Directors provide the leadership and accountability that determine the success of an organisation. Their effectiveness is crucial and the application of good governance skills and processes can radically assist Board members to achieve desired outcomes. Sterling HR will support the Board Chairmen and Chief Executive to meet and improve overall performance of Boards of Directors.
Our Board development solutions support overall Board effectiveness for:
- Board dynamics (dialogue styles, decision making processes, conflict resolution patterns,...)
- Composition of individual and collective skills, abilities and contributions
- Board performance evaluation and peer evaluation
- Board strategy and planning
- New Director accelerated integration
- Performance objective setting of Chief Executive
- Performance management processes and systems for Chief Executive appraisals on behalf of the Board
Questions for Boards of Directors
#1: Is the Board a balanced team? How do you select Directors? Are all the roles covered?
#2: How effective are individual Directors? Do they understand their roles and responsibilities? How do you induct new Directors? What arrangements do you have for continuing development of Directors? Do Directors have access to confidential external coaching?
#3: Do you have regular (at least annual) corporate retreats when the whole Board can get away together and review performance and strategy?
#4: Does the Board ensure they receive regular and meaningful development?